You’ll get the best current Lufthansa offer here.
Who’d of thunk it?
A few years ago, everyone would be jumping over each other to get a credit card with a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
Honestly, I’m forcing myself to write this post just so you won’t say that I missed it, but really, it doesn’t seem like that big of a deal to me.
Lufthstansa 50,000 Bonus Miles Offer
- Offer valid until May 31st, 2011.
- You will receive a free companion ticket with your first card purchase.
- Welcome bonus of 20,000 bonus miles after first purchase.
- Earn an additional 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,500 in the first 90 days after account opening.
- Earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated partners.
Get all the details – click here.
Downsides to the Lufthstansa 50,000 Bonus Miles Credit Card
1. It doesn’t compete with current offerings. The best airlines rewards for April has some better offerings. If I were going to go for 50,000 points, I jump on the 50,000 Continental offer. With that card, the annual fee is waved for the first year, and you don’t have any minimum spend requirements. If I were going to pay an annual fee, it would only take a second to decide to get the 100,000 bonus miles British Airways credit card.
2. You’re not guaranteed of your reward.
The terms and conditions say:
Benefits will vary depending upon the card for which you are approved. Not everyone will qualify for an account or for the Premier World. In order to be approved for a Premier World MasterCard and all of the benefits featured here, you must meet the income and credit criteria for this offer. If you do not qualify, Barclays will automatically consider you for a Platinum card which offers fewer benefits and no annual fee.
Bonus miles: Cardmembers approved for the Premier World MasterCard will receive 20,000 bonus miles and Cardmembers approved for the Platinum MasterCard will receive 5,000 bonus miles after the first use of the new account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer (that are not later returned or rescinded) and have paid the Annual Fee on the account (and such fee is not rescinded). Premier World MasterCard will receive an additional 30,000 bonus miles after at least $2,500 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) has been charged to the new account in the first 90 days of account opening.This benefit does not apply to Platinum MasterCard Cardmembers.
Translation: If you sign up for this credit card and don’t get the Premier World MasterCard, you’ll end up with the Platinum MasterCard that only offers 5,000 bonus points.
3. Annual fee. In my opinion, the BA card offers enough incentive to ignore the annual fee, but not this card. There are too many fish in the sea to mess with this.
Advantages of the Lufthstansa 50,000 Bonus Miles Credit Card
The biggest advantage of this card, as I see it, is it issued by Barclays. If you’ve maxed out your CitiCards, American Express cards, and Chase cards, then guess what’s left? Barclays.
Consider yourself informed. Now it’s time to decide if you should jump on this offer. As I mentioned, I’m going to sit it out.