In I previous post I introduced the online search engine. if you missed that post you can see it here.
What is an online travel agency?
These sites have the ability to process the ticket booking and reservation on your behalf. This process is much like a physical travel agency, except their bookings are made over the internet.
Unofficially (which just means in my opinion) the three industry leaders are Orbitz, Travelocity, and Expedia. When searching for travel be sure to check out at least one of these sites in the booking process.
Photo There Will Always Be More Work to Do by JrBenito
Here is how I usually utilize these sites:
When booking air travel I find Orbitz consistently has the lowest prices. When booking hotels Expedia often finishes just ahead of Orbitz. Personally, I do not feel as though Travelocity offers anything unique to the booking process that cannot be found on either of the other two sites.
Why I prefer Orbitz for Air Travel:
- Consistently lower prices.
- Price Assurance: If a flight you have purchased is book by someone else at a lower price Orbitz will send you the difference. I have never actually received a refund for Orbitz so …
- Site is easy to navigate.
Why I prefer Expedia for hotels:
- Expedia tends to make arrangements whereby they can give discounts for hotels for multiple nights and such. This results in consistently lower hotel prices.
- Expedia allows you to enter the number and age of your children assuring your hotel you book will have adequate space for your family.
- Earn ThankYou® Points each time you book eligible travel.
Next time you book travel online be sure to check out these online travel agents.