Sorry that I didn’t get this posted on the 17th. The post was all set to publish yesterday, but I was having trouble getting online. Hopefully you’ll get this in time to act on promotions starting on the 18th.
Every weekday until July 12th, if you are a traveller you should be checking out the promotions over at Daily Getaways. I’m going to be traveling over the next few weeks, so I can’t promise to have full coverage of everything going on at Daily Getaways.
If Daily Getaways is something new to you, here are a few brief introductory comments:
- Every day, there are a few highly discounted travel packages offered.
- There are a limited number of packages offered. If you want to buy something, you need to be at your computer a few minutes before 1 p.m. EST. You need to keep trying by refreshing your browser until 5-10 minutes after the sale starts.
- If you pay with an American Express credit card, you’ll receive an extra 10% off your purchase price.
This week at Daily Getaways:
- June 17th: 2 night getaway to New York = $345
- June 18th: 1 night Omni Berkshire NY = $265
- June 19th: 100,000 Club Carlson points = $385
- June 20th: 2 nights at The Palazzo = $700
- June 21st: 1 Avis Chairman’s Club Membership = $1,115
See the calendar of all upcoming sales here.
As always, the ‘value’ of these packages depends on your travel plans and preferences. Personally, I think there could be some really good value with the Club Carlson promotion.
Club Carlson Analysis
If you buy the points with an American Express card, you can get it for $346.50. If you’re a Club Carlson Visa card holder, you can really stretch out the value of these points.
As an example, I was looking at rooms at the Radisson Blu Chicago. Rates start around $265 per night. If you used your points as a Club Carlson card holder, you could get two nights for 50,000 points. If you did the same thing again in the future, you’d get another 2 nights for 50,000 points. Getting 4 nights for $346.50 at a hotel that would usually cost you over $1,000 for 4 nights sounds like a deal to me.
There are lots of other valuable places to stay:
Radisson Blu Sydney, Australia with rates around $300 per night. Points stays cost 50,000 points per night (or 50,000 for two nights with the Club Carlson Visa).
Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Paris with rates around $400 Euro per night. Points stays cost 50,000 points per night (or 50,000 for two nights with the Club Carlson Visa).
I could keep going, but I think you get the point.
Remember, if you’re interested in buying any of these packages, you’ll need to be at your computer (and possibly get a friend to help on another computer) ready to compete for the limited number of available packages.