Once upon a time, I used to do a round up every few weeks where I’d highlight some cool travel related posts.
Once upon another time, I stopped.
Once upon this day, I’m bringing it back.
I stick specifically with travel credit card related news, and I don’t always post on other miles and points related news because I know not everyone who collects miles and points wants to know about all the little offers and details. But, then some of you would like a little more information too.
So this is my balance. I will be highlighting posts every few weeks written by other bloggers that I think are helpful for people who collect miles and points.
1. The Points Guy, and also Million Mile Secrets talk about a strategy to use the current Southwest credit card bonus to fast track your way to a Companion Pass with Southwest. This was actually a post I was planning to write, but seeing as I don’t have much more to say than these guys, I’ll just pass you over to them.
Here’s the gist. If you get both a personal card and business Southwest card, you’ll be 10,000 miles short of a Companion Pass. A companion pass allows you to take anyone on flights with you for free (pay 9/11 tax) for a year. It’s a pretty amazing opportunity.
2. View from the Wing shares how you can use your American AAdvantage miles to get to Japan for up to 50% less miles. You won’t find a better deal than 30,000 miles economy or 50,000 miles business class between San Francisco or Vancover and Japan.
3. Mommy Points has confirmed that United is officially a transfer partner of Ultimate Rewards points. I don’t think this comes as a big surprise to anyone as Continental was a partner. Either way, it’s good to know the news is official.
4. Speaking of Ultimate Rewards, ‘Lucky’ at One Mile at a Time reminds us that you can get 10 points per dollar using your Chase Sapphire Preferred card at Priority Club brand hotels. It’s a good reminder that when you’re doing travel booking online, check to see if your reward credit card offers any bonuses for that website.
5. On that note, I’ve been using Evreward to help me determine the best website for using my online purchases. In fact, a simple check there showed me how to save an extra $80 on a laptop if entered through a Visa Signature link.