This offer has expired.
What a great day. There is currently a 30,000 Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card® from American Express sign up bonus floating around.
In order to be eligible to get the bonus, you must be referred by an existing Starwood card holder. (I just cancelled my card last week – long story.)
Expired Offer Details
- 10,000 points after your first purchase
- Spend $4,500 in the first three months (to get another 20,000)
- No annual fee for the first year, then $65 per year
This promotion is valid until August 22nd, 2011. At that point it will revert back to the standard 10,000 bonus offer.
Is the Starwood American Express a Valuable Card?
If you’re relatively new to the game of collecting frequent flyer miles by taking advantage of the best credit card sign up offers, then you might wonder if the 30,000 Starwood offer is valuable as compared to things like the current 50,000 points with the Sapphire Preferred or 50,0000 Southwest points or 50,000 Citi points.
The answer – it could be.
Many people consider the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card® from American Express to be one of the best cards for earning miles on an ongoing basis. I’m a fan of the card, and I think it is hard to beat for everyday spending. If you don’t already have one and can meet the minimum spending, then I would definitely use this bonus as my motivation to get the card.
1. You can transfer Starwood points to multiple airlines.
Airlines with a 1:1 transfer ratio include:
- Aeroplan/Air Canada
- Air Berlin
- Air China Companion
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
- Alitalia MilleMiglia
- All Nippon Airways (ANA) Mileage Club
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- Asia Miles
- Asiana Airlines
- British Airways Executive Club
- Delta Air Lines SkyMiles
- Emirates Skywards
- Flying Blue
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Japan Airlines (JAL) Mileage Bank
- King Club Miles
- Mexicana Frecuenta
- Miles and More
- Qatar Airways
- Saudi Arabian Airlines Alfursan
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Thai Airways International Royal Orchid Plus
- US Airways Dividend Miles
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
2. When you transfer points in batches of 20,000, you get a 5,000 mile bonus.
If you wanted to transfer 20,000 Starwood points to Aeroplan, then you would end up with 25,000 Aeroplan miles. In other words, you can get up to 1.25 miles per dollar you spend depending on how you transfer your points.
3. Starwood itself has a great program!
With the cash and points option, you can get a lot of hotel out of just a few points.